Today 13/3/2019 at about 4:30pm,there was a fatal Motor accident involving a Mack tanker with Reg No EFF81XA loaded with kerosene and driven by one Junior Agari ‘m’ aged about 35 years of No 7, Williams Street Aka avenue Efurum ,Delta state.
2. The Truck driver lost control of the vehicle along service lane upper Iweka Onitsha and knocked down 19 persons,
3. Police Patrol team attached to CPS Onitsha visited the scene and rushed victims to Toronto hospital Onitsha, where Seven (7) persons conprising of Six males and one woman whose identities are yet to be ascertained were confirmed death by the medical doctor while 12 others are receiving treatment, Corpses are deposited at the hospital morgue for postmortem examination.
4. Consequently, Suspect was arrested while the truck was recovered and obstruction cleared to enable free flow of traffic in the Area.
5. Meanwhile, case is under investigation to ascertain circumstances surrounding the incident.
6. The Public whose relations are missing are enjoined to visit the hospital in order to indentify whether victims are relatives please.
SP Haruna Mohammed PPRO Anambra State Police Command.
For -Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command.