Recall, The 2020 Draft Estimate was presented to the state Assembly on Thursday 26th of September 2019. The Appropriation Bill was also read for the second time on the 10th of October 2019 thereafter reffered to the Finance and Appropriation Committee headed by Hon. Chris Obinna Emenaka, Member Representing Anambra East Constituency.
Budget Defence/Hearing commenced, The Committee on Finance and Non-Ministerial Department and Agencies appeared before the standing Committees for the bilateral budget discussions, This was successfully concluded and reports of the outcome were subsequently turned in by the various Committees and were considered before arriving at the decisions by the Finance and Appropriation Committee.
The Budget Size which arrived at by the Committee is 137,135,743,439 Naira. This amount is made up of 58,772,739,914 Naira in Recurrent Expenditure and 78,363,033,525 Naira in Capital Expenditure, this represents the actual amount and summary of the Budget when compared with the Draft Estimate presented by His Excellency, Governor Willie Obiano.
The Committee further recommended thusly having reviewed the 2020 Draft Estimates of the Government of Anambra State as presented to the State Assembly, and made the recommendations as follows;
1. That the sum of 137,135,743,439 Naira be approved for the services of the Government of Anambra State for year ending 31st December, 2020 and for related purposes.
2. That the sum of 58,772,739,914 Naira for Recurrent Expenditure being the total amount set forth opposite heads outlined in the Bill for Recurrent Expenditure be approved to the stand part of the Bill.
3. That the sum of 78,363,003,525 Naira being the total amount set forth opposite heads outlined in the Bill for Capital Expenditure be approved to stand part of the Bill.
4. That subsequent Draft Estimates should be presented to the House in both hard copy and soft copy.
5. That the Government printers should ensure that all MDAs are promptly communicated with the provisions of the 2020 Budget as passed by the Anambra State House of Assembly.
The Committee in conclusion expressed its heartfelt appreciation to the Honourable Speaker, Rt. Hon. Uche Victor Okafor and the Honourable Members of the House of Assembly for the opportunity given to them to serve and extended its gratitude to the Staff of the Legislature for their efforts and cooperation.
The Speaker of the Assembly, Rt. Hon. Uche Victor Okafor however, commended the Finance and Appropriation Committee chaired by Hon. Obinna Emenaka, Member representing Anambra East Constituency and Deputized by Hon. Nonso Okafor, Member representing Nnewi North constituency, for a job well done.