Good morning gentlemen of the Press, it is my pleasure to once again welcome you to this press briefing in order to update you on the progress made so far in respect of the murder of late Chief Frank Anthony Igboka, President General Nimo Community in Njikoka LGA of Anambra State who’s sad incident took place on the 16/4/2019.
2. Last week Monday 29/4/2019 I paraded one of the kingpin who actively participated in the dastardly act and declared three others wanted .I also assure “Ndi Anambra ” that the Command under my watch will not relent in it’s efforts until it gets all the remaining perpetrators apprehended and bring them to Justice.
3. It would also be recalled that in the same vein, His Excellency Governor Willie Obiano increased the reward to Five Million Naira (#5000,000) on each of the three suspects declared wanted in order to fastrack Police investigation.
4. Inview of the foregoing and following credible intelligence report, the Command Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) had on Friday 03/5/2019 at about 7:30pm arrested the second Principal suspect one Okoye Ernest Chinwe aka (IBB) ‘m’ aged 34 years of Obosi in Idemili North LGA of Anambra State who was initially concealed and later mentioned by the first suspect following discreet investigation. The suspect was traced and arrested in his hideout at old INEC road Awka. Upon interrogation, he confessed of being among the gang members that shot and killed the President General and is assisting the Police with useful information that could lead to unveiling the circumstances surrounding the incident and arrest other fleeing accomplices.
5. One major factor for the overall success of this operations was the support of His Excellency Governor Willie Obiano and the good people of Anambra State who were observed to have been very cooperative with the Law enforcement agencies. I acknowledge this fact and urge the people of the State to sustain this level of cooperation with the Police Command at all times. We are indeed in an era where Community Policing remains the vogue and the people we are serving continue to demand for excellent service.
6. I want to reiterate my appreciation to the good people of the State and encourage them to be security conscious at all times; and report any strange individuals or suspicious movements to the security agencies promptly, please.
Thank you and remain blessed.
CP Mustapha Dandaura
Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command.