POLICE BURST CHILD STEALING SYNDICATE IN ANAMBRA STATE, ARREST TWO SUSPECTS AND RESCUED VICTIMS:
On the 29/5/2019 at about 06:30 am, following intelligence report, Police detectives attached to the Command Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) arrested one Ifeyinwa Ezename aged 50 years and Caroline Mbonu aged 75 years.
2. Suspects had in 2012 conspired with one David Nwachukwu, now in prison custody and stole one Mmerichukwu Okoli aged 7 years old from the biological mother one Azubuike Jennifer.
3. Consequently, the stolen Child has been recovered and reunited with his parents.
4. Meanwhile, another 8 years old child, Ifeoma was equally rescued from the suspects and they cannot give satisfactory account of the child. Case under investigation after which suspects would be charged to Court for prosecution.
2.1 ARREST OF A MEMBER OF ONE CHANCE ROBBERY SYNDICATE AND RECOVERY OF FIREARM/AMMUNITION:
On the 28/05/2019 at about 10:22pm, Police operatives attached to Operation Puff Adder in conjunction with Patrol team attached to Awada Division while on Stop and Search at Ezeiweka road by NEPA junction arrested One Stanley Chiemezie Ekegbobe aged 31, of Ugwuagba, Obosi in Idemili North LGA of Anambra State.
2. Suspect was intercepted inside a Keke Napep and on sighting the Police took to his heels but was overpowered and arrested.
3. Exhibit recovered from the suspect include one fabricated revolver pistol and one life ammunition.Case under investigation and effort is ongoing to apprehend fleeing accomplices in order to bring them to Justice.
SP Mohammed Haruna PPRO Anambra State Police Command,
For -Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command.