A man identified as Emeka Joseph Ozoekweh, and his wife have died after eating wedding food given to them at a wedding ceremony they attended in Umuozu, Uratta, Abia State.
Emeka was said to be the Secretary of the Timber Dealers Association in Abia State. It was gathered that the couple had chaired the wedding and when they were going, they were handed a takeaway pack.
They reportedly ate the food with their housemaid, who is currently in a critical condition and receiving treatment at the hospital.
According to reports, no one around them knew of their death until their colleagues at the market came home to check on them after calls made to their phones were left unanswered.
It was at that point that some of the neighbors used ladder to climb into their compound, only to discover their bodies and that of their maid who was eventually taken to the hospital for treatment.
Their corpses have been deposited in a mortuary pending an autopsy to determine whether their death was as a result of food poison as being speculated.