According to reports, A teacher and mother of two stabbed her husband to death during a fight at their residence in Ikorodu, Lagos.
According to the wife, she stabbed him in self defense, after being pinned down by the deceased, who was notorious for always beating her.
When interviewed, the sobbing suspect said: “I didn’t kill him intentionally. He was always battering me. Today, he pinned me down and started beating me again.
I picked the knife to scare him, but I mistakenly stabbed him. I couldn’t have killed my husband intentionally. In the past, I used to run out of the house when being beaten, but today, he locked everywhere to prevent my escape.
My family have told me to divorce him but I didn’t want to, because he is the husband of my youth and we already have two children together. You can ask around, everyone knows he beats me always.”
The wife has since been arrested by policemen attached to the Igbogbo Police Station
IN COURT with the SAN
1. Is it true that the man locked everywhere through which the wife would have ran out during the beating?
2. Can the neighbours testify that the dead man has been beating the wife always and that she use to run instead of confronting him to the fight? Witness 1 and 2
3. Who kept the knife there and for what purpose was the knife kept before or during the fight?
4. She may be guilty of man slaughter but not guilty of committing murder.
5. The dead cannot speak now, only one party of the accused wife is speaking but very soon, justice will speak.
6. Stop domestic violence and be a man. People still love and get married irrespective of the pains and sorrows in relationship.